- I’m planning 2 birthday parties for Saturday. One will make me very happy to get drunk for the second one.
- I’m thinking that by next week, life will feel very free.
- If I let myself, I could become addicted to QVC.
- I’m becoming obsessed with Holi powder.
- I always run out of tampons mid-period.
- I didn’t watch the Dove video because everyone shared it. Yes, I’m that nutty. I figured I knew what they’d say: You are pretty and you don’t know it.
And then I sucked it up and gave them 3 minutes of my life. Yes, I was right. That’s exactly what they said. But in fantastic and brilliant way. If you don’t feel pretty, watch it and change your attitude for fucksake. I know it isn’t that easy, but it could be if you let it.
At the end of it, I thought, “YES! That’s what I was saying in my break out session for photographers and their life.” (yes I made it about me) Love what you got. Make it beautiful by simply changing you attitude. Control what you’re given for the positive. People think, “My life isn’t pretty enough. That mess is distracting, so I won’t shoot it.” People think, “Why bother? It doesn’t look like hers.” Or “I’m not good enough to make it look good.” And then they’re left with empty family albums. That breaks my heart.
That’s pure bullshit. Accept what you got and make it look good.
You aren’t going to get anything else at this very moment. You got what you got.
There’s no Fairy God Mother who will zap away your clutter and scrub your kids clean. Why be ashamed of it? Why not tell the world, “I’m kickass!” Why would you want to present anything other than your own kickass/boring life?
Your life is way more exciting than my life. My life, just like most blogger’s life, is ordinary and boring. But I choose to highlight the shit. If you think it looks exciting, it’s only because it’s my shit. And you don’t have to deal with it. Your crap looks so appealing to me. Even your drama. Because I don’t have to deal with it.