Let’s talk about things I’m obsessed with this week. It won’t be Internet heavy because I can’t seem to get wrapped up in the Internet. I don’t care about Renee’s face. It’s Hollywood and it’s happens. Ebola? Yeah I guess that’s scary to a few people. I haven’t listened to T. Swift’s new NY song. I will.
But I’m obsessed with normal every day Me shit.
- Pressure Cookers. Oh sweet good Lord, this is the most beautiful invention ever. How did I live without this for so long?! The beans are the most delicious beans I’ve ever had and in 20 minutes?! 20 minutes!!! With no soak?! Bone-in chicken thighs in less than 15. And the best tasting white rice ever: boys approved and devoured. It’s like the pot conjure’s up Black Magic and I don’t even give a damn. Go. Buy One. NOW.
- Halloween is almost over. That’s right. It’s almost over. I’m sick of it.
- I’m still digging Lena Dunham’s book. Thank you for writing refreshing shit for women. Ladies, buy it or simply read it. Just do it, ok?
- This article. I don’t like babies (that’s a given if you’ve been with this blog for a while). I thought it was a magical thing that happened once you had your own baby. It doesn’t always work like that. But here’s the thing: I adore other people’s babies. I beg you, let me babysit! Cause I can give them back. My own? I survived. And I’m really proud of that.
- Day 100′s photo. I think that people should have strong serious portraits as they mature. Show the world that you’re wise and fucking full of badass piss. I believe that pets should get that as well. She’s sweet and old. Her days are numbered and that hurts in a way I didn’t anticipate.
- Knitting. It’s a cold weather thang.
- Hand-stitching on a quilt Come on? That’s some sweetness for a baby girl.
- Coop was trying to answer a homework question with: Because that’s the answer. “You can’t write that. It sounds SmartA. Explain why it’s the answer,” I said. He answered the next question and I repeated my last statement. I know he wasn’t being a Smart Ass but it clearly sounded like it. The third time, I asked “Why am I saying ‘Smart A’? I mean what else would you say for Smart A other than Smart Ass?! Just don’t be one and don’t say, ‘Smart Ass’ yet. OK?” Coop responds with, “Well, you could say SmartAlec.” Smart Ass.
- Hozier’s “Take me to Church.” I don’t feel like I should like it, but I can’t help myself.
- Neil Diamond is coming to my town. I think it’s a show I must see. Hearing the opening of “America” is something everyone should hear once. Indulge me and just agree. Pretty please.
- Last night while scratching Becks’ back I asked him, “Isn’t this the best?” Expecting a hearty YES from him (the kid loves a good scratching. even bossy about it), I get a surprising: NO. Kind of annoyed because I was scratching well past my normal length, I asked “Well then Becks, what’s the best if this isn’t?” He quickly responds without turning from the tv, “You are Mom. You’re the best.”
Give me something else I need to be obsessed with. Please.
I dig being obsessed with something, anything, everything.