What I’m grateful for today (bullet style):
- Smiled at 5 a.m. because I was taking a day off. The possibilities were too much to sleep.
- Woke up at 6 a.m. and found the boys playing video games (Weekend rule: if you wake up before us, you can play. Sorry. I usually like to sleep until 8).
- They both went back to bed without a fight and slept another two hours.
- Finished “Carry on, Warrior. Thoughts on Life Unarmed.” I’ve waited to finish it because once I did, it’d be over.
- Becks woke up all snuggly.
- 20 minutes later he was able to make it to the bathroom to puke.
- Didn’t get a drop on me.
- He felt better immediately.
- He didn’t throw up the generic Fruity-Pebbles. I couldn’t stop thinking about them in vomit form, but still poured the bowl.
- He finally put his pants on and I didn’t strangle him during our stand-off.
- When your hard drive fails, the genius bar makes it impossible to ignore. The biggest FAILED I’ve ever seen.
- I backed up on Friday.
- The grocery wasn’t packed and I didn’t get into a fist fight with anyone.
- Becks started to feel bad again and didn’t throw up in the car.
- Resisted the urge to check work email.
- When I did, it wasn’t full of “You’re an idiot” emails. I guess those will come on Monday…
- Figured today and this week deserved a 2 p.m. beer.
27 :: 30
Making it through the shit.