Things I’d like to remember from this week:
- A spotless stove. Poor thing has no idea how dirty she’s going to get.
- How insanely happy I am to make her filthy.
- The million times we’ve said, “Fuck Ikea. Never again.” or “A house with stairs is awful. Why’d we buy a house with stairs?”
- “Night, Becks. I love you.” - me. “And I love our new room” -Becks
- Next move, buy a keg.
- There’s nothing like the first coat of paint. You either freak out about the color or fall deeply in love. This time, we fell in love.
- The time I almost drove away from our home because of a couch’s slipcover. I would have come back. I just needed to tantrum.
- By Friday, the dog settled down.
- One day, I met three neighbors. One brought a pie and all went out of their way to welcome us.
- The walk to a local fabric store with a good friend.
- I got some help with the leaves.
- My clothes finally smelled clean. The 12 year-old washer and dryer did the best they could.
- Even surrounded by chaos, boxes, paint fumes, and trash, I felt like I was home on Monday.