Dear Friends Who Will Soon Be Our Neighbors*-
I solemnly swear to NOT do the following:
- constantly ask for a cup of sugar or one egg.
- pop in unannounced.
- frantically drop my kids or dog off just because I have an emergency which is actually the new Brad Pitt movie.
- scream at you from our front yard every time you walk past our house. I’ll just wave. If you want to stop and talk, please do.
- beep at your house every time we drive by.
As your new neighbor, I solemnly promise to do the following:
- always have a cup of sugar or one egg handy in case you’re out.
- when you do pop in, I promise to start a pot of coffee or open a bottle of wine.
- always have my door open for your children, dogs, or cats in case you have an emergency which is real or the new Colin Firth movie.
- if I see you as we walk by your house, I will pretend not to notice. Unless you want to talk and then I will.
- not get annoyed if you beep as you drive by our house.
Above all, I promise to be a good neighbor.
* as long as the house passes inspection…