As promised in yesterday’s blog post, a little bit of personal info about me. Ignore the very business like blog title for today. “Erika Ray Photography” should be replaced with “I Love My PJ Pants.com” or “Why Can’t I Wear PJ Pants to Work.com” for today’s post. Because let’s be honest, pj pants are awesome.
1. I like red wine. And I’m not afraid to drink it from a box. Please note in the above photo that I always use a glass. I have some manners.
3. I didn’t cry when I delivered my boys. And I’ve stopped thinking there was something wrong with me. I just didn’t cry. Play the coffee commercial when the kid gets home from over-seas & I’m a mess. Go figure.
4. However I did cry (not bawling, but tears were there) & ask for my Mom while I was being stitched up. It hurt & she was there. What’s a girl to do?
5. I’ve never had a bunch of close girlfriends. In high school, I had two. And one of those was my sister. In college, I had one towards the end. I didn’t avoid having female friends because I thought it was easier without them, I just had more male friends.
6. I can’t imagine my life without my current female friends.
7. I drink too much coffee when I work from home.
8. I’m dreading the day when my kids lose their teeth. I have a weird phobia. Yesterday’s episode of Handy Manny almost did me in. One of the character’s tooth fell out & got stuck in the drain. Manny had to “rescue” it. Boys, if that happens in our house, you’re screwed.
9. Currently, I have a huge crush on Daniel Tosh. Right now, I’m giggling like a school girl because I typed his name.
10. If Adele and someone from Mumford & Sons would have a baby, I might lose my mind with happiness.
11. I love a good Pale Ale.
12. For some unexplained reason, I read Buddhism books when I fly. I don’t pick them purposely for flights. It just happens.
13. I finally learned that jeans should be slightly uncomfortable when you purchase them. If not, they’ll stretch and you’ll look like you’re walking around with a dump in your pants. The dump look is never fashionable.
14. As a girl, I never planned my wedding or named my future children.
15. I did play mass with my sisters. My dad did not like it when we used Cheez-Its for our communion. I get it now.
16. My husband and I have the same unreturned library book about old Disney animation.
17. I cook what I want for dinner. After too many dinners went uneaten, I gave up trying to make everyone happy. Some days the kids won’t even eat grilled cheese! It’s easier on life if I enjoy what I’m cooking.
18. Motherhood is really hard and no one properly explains this. And I don’t think you’re ever 100% ready for a child. And that your delivery is probably going to be extremely messy.
19. Mosquitoes love me! And I love to scratch their aftermath. I don’t really love to scratch, but I have to do it. My youngest son is also a magnet for the critters.
20. I stick my foot in my mouth a lot. I’ve gotten better about not fixating on my error. I’m guessing most times people weren’t listening or were even that offended by what was said. I should think more before I talk. Or type…
There you go! 20 nuggets about me that aren’t professional. I hope it doesn’t bother you and you enjoyed them. Make your own list and share it. It feels good.